Wednesday, July 11, 2007



I don't know how to describe my day today. I guess there is no real emotion to do so, not one I can think of anyways. To feel the absolute terror I felt with the thought my daughter could've been kidnapped, molested or....worst.......and there was nothing I could've done at the moment. I wasn't there, I was working and she was at the locoal community playground with her daycamp. And to find out it was over a week ago that this took place.


It was so innocent, I am driving home with my 6yr old daughter ( who will be 7 in 2 months), I had just picked her up from her new daycare and were talking and laughing. We had just picked up KFC for supper. She took my hand and starting playing "this little piggy" but with my fingers which we always do. But she had changed some of the words.


" This little piggy said bad words this little piggy said none! "


I stopped her right away and said "that's not how it goes"


She said " but that's what that man said"


"What man" I was felt my heart begin to race. I wanted to ask so many questions at that very moment. I wanted all my answer's at that very moment, and I wanted it to be not what I was thinking.


"The man at Muskiseepi" she replied like I should've known... duh??


I asked " when did this happen babe? Who were you at he the park with?" she changed child care programs within the last week and one was located at that park, and the other went to visit there recently.


She replied that it was when she was with the old daycamp, the one that is located on site at the park. This park is central to our city, it is our walking trails, skate board park. It is nice, big and holds a wide variety of activities so it's not like it is just a playground where strange men can be spotted. They walk around all sides of the play area, you can see it all the time with their dogs. All sorts of people. Prime spot for a predator.


My daughter demonstrated on me what the stranger had done, and if it were my friend I wouldn't have anything to say but bad choice of words. I continued with simple questions. Some yes or no, and some where where she had to describe things to me. Want to make sure there wasn't an imagination running away, hers or mine!!


But I don't know what strange man held my child's hand and tickled up her arm with odd words for a children's nursery rhyme. What was the purpose of it!!!!! Is it a plan to gain the trust of a child, cause of the daycamp right there? The same child day after day until the time is right? Subtle movements, no attention! In a place like this you honestly wouldn't be sure who is who. I always walk around with her as she plays there and I am there cause it can get confusing there with so many kids running every which direction.


My daughter was alarmed with my reaction, she said "Mommy he only held my hand!! He was nice!!" I was really trying to play it cool, don't think I was all that successful, not by the end anyways.


I felt like the worst parent in all the world, no universe, no ... not sure what is bigger than that right now but you get the picture. I have taught the basics. But I have relaxed because it's not the "big city". I grew up differently, it was just like being taught to walk, I was taught "DON'T TALK TO STRANGERS". I havent' pushed it on her like that.


I want to protect her so much from the bad things so she can grow up happy, she might very well fall victim to it if I am not careful. No one to blame there but myself. How would ever live with that one. Don't think I could.


Talk to you kids!!

SCREAM STRANGER

RUN AWAY

MAKE NOISE

DON'T GO BY YOURSELF TO THE WASHROOMS

BUDDY SYSTEM

TALK TO YOUR CHILD CARE PROVIDER'S

ASK QUESTIONS

NEVER PET ANIMALS WITH STRANGERS

DON'T TAKE CANDY FROM STRANGERS

STRANGERS NEED HELP TO FIND SOMETHING, RUN AND YELL FOR HELP

GOOD TOUCH

BAD TOUCH

STAY WITH YOUR TEACHERS


OK TO TELL IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN........WE LOVE YOU

YOU DID NOTHING WRONG......WE LOVE YOU


Make sure they know you love them. My daughter thought I was mad with her! i Told her I was scared but she wasn't sure. She never seen that look in my eyes I know. She is a very perseptive child, and I hate it in times like that. She can see right through me, she is my best friend and I almost lost her. That man could've taken her!! He had her hand in his!!!


I am over loaded by emotions of unbeleivable magnitude.


What if.......


0 comments: