So.... It is finally over. I got my victory, I got my admission of guilt from him in court. Of course there had to be a deal, but the alternative was unacceptable. Have Savannah testify in the trial against her dad. Ya ... so not going to happen!! He plead guilty and took a lesser punishment then jail. I had a say in the terms of his probation, which I won't get into here.
I feel different... I feel very relaxed.... very calm. It's been a very emotional day!!
I remember the officer voice recorded my statement the day of the offense. When I was at court this morning, the prosecutor handed me a file. In this file was my statement, written like a script from a play... found it hard to read. I was picturing myself 2 years ago in the basement of the neighbours house saying all these words, crying, and the officer repeating questions to understand me. In the script it was written as "undecipherable" where I was crying to much to understand. I finished my statement and continue to look through..... There was the statement of my daughter. It was shorter than I remembered, I remember sitting on the chair and holding my hands over my mouth to prevent myself from sobbing too loudly. I could hear her voice speak the words I read. It was hard, I cried some more.
Now I feel numb, I feel relieved. There isn't that heavy cloud over my head weighing me down. I'm free of his lies. In a court of law, he admitted his guilt, and took his punishment. It wasn't jail, which wasn't my concern anyways. It did have it's upside to it lol, but not the point of this. I now have some closure to this. The terms to his probation were everything I wanted, so in all, this was a victory for me. He finally had to face the damage he caused, although he will never understand how severe it was!!
I feel different... I feel very relaxed.... very calm. It's been a very emotional day!!
I remember the officer voice recorded my statement the day of the offense. When I was at court this morning, the prosecutor handed me a file. In this file was my statement, written like a script from a play... found it hard to read. I was picturing myself 2 years ago in the basement of the neighbours house saying all these words, crying, and the officer repeating questions to understand me. In the script it was written as "undecipherable" where I was crying to much to understand. I finished my statement and continue to look through..... There was the statement of my daughter. It was shorter than I remembered, I remember sitting on the chair and holding my hands over my mouth to prevent myself from sobbing too loudly. I could hear her voice speak the words I read. It was hard, I cried some more.
Now I feel numb, I feel relieved. There isn't that heavy cloud over my head weighing me down. I'm free of his lies. In a court of law, he admitted his guilt, and took his punishment. It wasn't jail, which wasn't my concern anyways. It did have it's upside to it lol, but not the point of this. I now have some closure to this. The terms to his probation were everything I wanted, so in all, this was a victory for me. He finally had to face the damage he caused, although he will never understand how severe it was!!
1 comments:
I am really glad for you and your daughter. Hopefully now things can be a little more normal.
Post a Comment