Monday, June 2, 2008

Sex and the City

So I went to see the movie tonight..... I loved it!!! I cried....I laughed...the whole audience did!! Ashley and I went.... I'm so glad I seen it with her. It was only right to go see it with her, had no idea it would effect me as much as it did. The movie stayed true to friendship between the girls, and true to reality. How they are there for each other, how they work through things together. Ash is always there when I need her, she knows when I need her before I do sometimes..... lol. Movie scares me a little, makes me think of my own life. Comforts me in a way that maybe there can be a modern day fairytale, it may not be Cinderella at the ball.... but it will be mine! Scares me in a way that I could find myself single for a very long time. Which I may find ok at times right now... but what about later?
I know I'm silly for comparing myself to a character from a TV show gone movie. But the real silly thing is, I feel connected to them. I'm not crazy lol.... just a woman who is finding herself turning 30, single, and a mother, who is scared to death, and I have found myself thinking or been in the the scenarios from the TV show!! Not all of them no, but many. I have fallen in love with them and taken a journey with them. They have helped me through some very scary times, when I couldn't bring myself to face the world. Drowned in self pity, I laughed and cried through the series one at a time. I realized that crazy times, sad times, fun times, romance, and complete kaos will happen in life lol.
Ya, I guess that sums it up for me..... I'll just keep going with the flow, I'm doing ok. I've got my friends, my favorite places to go, my favorite people to see, that's a start!!

0 comments: