Well, I finally got to go visit my buddy Mike up north. I'm really glad he didn't move further north, took me 14 hours driving (I only stopped for fuel once, got out stretched my legs a few times once I
got into the mountains). 1109 kms from Grande Prairie to Watson Lake!! And I did it!! I did it!! The drive wasn't bad, except I had no music for at least 4 hours going through Summit Lake area up to Liard. Not to menchon that you can only drive between 40 to 60 kms in most places!!! So I had some time with myself in the mountain tops, it's funny what happens in
times like that. If you've ever driven a distance then you know what I mean..lol. I baught a book on cd in Liard so the next 2 hours to Watson Lake went much better. I regained my sanity. But it was the most amazing drive I have ever taken. I drove from
here to Vancouver before, went through Jasper way and never felt like this. This took my breath away. Such a powerful feeling from the place, so isolated,
so wild... Not sure how to describe it.
So I spent the weekend relaxing with Mike and watching movies!!! Which was fine with me, it's cold up there!! It was great to see him again!! Been a while , so we spent some time catching up. I called Savannah... otherwise there was no contact with anyone else in the world. AWESOME!! I had a completely stress free weekend. I caught up on sleep, even got to start on my book I've been wanting to read for some time now.
Sadly, monday morning it was time to head back. I had to get packed and leave when the sun came up, which isn't til around 8am or so. The drive home was just as amazing, and I knew what kind of time frame I had so I stopped and took lots of pics. They never seem to look the same though...as what you saw at the time. Just so breath taking in person!! I never drove very far into the Yukon, (didn't have to). But I hope to another time, see what kind of scenery is up there. Majority of the pics are taken in the very northern rockies (BC) next to the Yukon Border.
0 comments:
Post a Comment