Sunday, February 24, 2008

Friday night not fun


Well, my night out on friday was eventful. I drank way too much wine with the girls, and along with my very high heels, and a disaster of a dance floor. My ass went to the floor. My friend helped me up. My hand and wrist felt kind of weird, enough that I didn't want to drink anymore. After complaining for a while about my hand, I went home. Didn't really feel like drinking after that, I tried to get back in the grove... but it just didn't work, I wanted to go home and sleep.

So I woke up to extremely severe pain shooting up my left arm!! My hand and wrist all swollen, so off to the doctor I go. Being Saturday now, I had to go to the Emergency Room. I don't know about where any of you live, but here in Grande Priaire it's never a good thing!!!!!!!! You have to brought in on a stretcher by an ambulance and on the brink of death to get their attention these days.
{Don't get me wrong, not because they don't care.... There is a major staff shortage! We have a lot of of sick people, some kind of viral infection that doesn't seem to be getting better without some strong antibiotics through IV.}

I arrived, the nurse took my info and I waited. Not half so long as usual, plus there were no freakishly sick people around me gagging and terrifying me with the thought of what they might have, which I thought was a BONUS! They doc finally got to take a look at my wrist, he said " looks like we may have something broke here, lets do an ex ray to make sure." So off I got to ex ray, and try to painfully twist my swollen wrist all the different ways it doesn't want to go!! I smile and thank the lovely lady for the stimulating experience and back to emerge I go. By now the percocete has taken over and I feel very relaxed now. I drift off to sleep so peacefully.
I wake a half hour to my pleasant nurse asking " what are you still doing here? "
I reply with " waiting for the results of my ex ray."
She leaves my little room very irritated. I watch her and listen to her going around asking other nurses where is my file. She couldn't even find my file, asking if anyone looked at my ex rays etc. I have no idea if they actually found it or not!! I had one nurse tell me it was a fracture, another tell me it's only a sprain.

Anyways, two ladies show up and take me to the cast room for this brace I now have on. They tell me to keep this on for 3 weeks! I go back to my room, it's someone elses now... I ask to see my doctor for some anti inflammatory and pain killers. The nurse said " We only have one doctor on the floor, he's too busy, go home and take some Ibuprofen." and walks away!!!

That's not right, I have no idea if something is actually broken. My fingers look like sausages! My bruise is just becoming visible now 3 days later which means it's a deep one! The pain is not subsiding at all. I have no strength in my hand at all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same situation,trust me you want to see a specialist and get a regular cast.i wasted 2 weeks in the splint the ER gave only to have the doctor tell me I needed a cast for a month!Feel free to write back,tippytop100@aol.com

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I came over to help you with your message in a bottle. When you're feeling better write me with the message you want on the bottle and I will do it for you or go to Blaiz.com and download the program. Of course, there's always Paint or Photoshop.

Take care!